So today I wanted to share a few random little things I do when I'm hunting for that inspiration that hides away as often as my keys do (aka very often!). Who knows - maybe these things can help you guys too!
1. Go for a long long walk, preferably somewhere out in nature far away from town, but if thats not possible then a park like Hampstead Heath is great too!
2. Go to the first bookstore you find, pick out a random book from a random shelf (one you wouldn't normally visit), and then turn it to a random page, and read ... if what you read isn't pleasant/inspiring/imaginative etc, then pick another book until you find something that stands out!
3. Go to the theatre. You can find some really cheap tickets for the best ballets and musicals out there, and they're amazing at zapping you with an instant burst of creativity!!!
Cook something that you've never cooked before! Or bake! Just do something in the kitchen, even if it is just making an extra creative sandwich for lunch!
4. Cook something that you've never cooked before! Or bake! Just do something in the kitchen, even if it is just making an extra creative sandwich for lunch!
5. Meet people. Hear their stories. Do some volunteer work, or do something nice for a stranger, even if it is simply smiling at random strangers while you walk past! I read this earlier, so if you run out of ideas of nice things to do, check it out!
So try these things out and let me know how they work for you! Hope they help you find that temporarily misplaced inspiration!